Menu
Highlighted
edwingorman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 playback speed

I have just had installed a newV6 box.

I am where possible recording on HD channels.

But, on playing back, these recordings are noticeably ever so slightly playing at a faster speed than they should be which makes it difficult to sometimes understand the speech.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 playback speed

They should play back at normal speed - unless you've activated Quick View which will play back recordings or Delayed Live TV at 1.25x speed.

But you have to specifically do this for each thing - it's not a global thing you can turn on.

You can check if quick view is enabled by pressing Play when you're watching a recording or Delayed Live TV.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
edwingorman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, BenMcr. Nothing in the manual about it. Confusing if you don't know what it is. Now happy. It sounds good, but speech is faster and you miss bits of it, so you end up having to rewind to listen again. Sort of defeats the object. I will use FF from now on if I want to skip bits.

0 Kudos
Phil_C
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I like the Quick View feature. I use it when I want to do something at a particular time (go to bed, for instance), but there isn't enough time to watch a whole programme. Using Quick View, I can fit it in before the deadline Smiley Happy

0 Kudos