cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 pixelation and stuttering on playback of recordings only

daratcliffe
On our wavelength

Recent recordings when played back are jerky and pixelated. Older recordings as recent as the end of April play fine, as does live programmes.

I have watched a programme at the same time as recording it. I noticed no problems while watching the programme live. However, when watching the recorded programme the picture and sound stuttered and there was pixelation on the screen.

Is there a solution I can use to fix it, or is the hard drive on the way out?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Good checks so far!  If live TV is fine, that proves your incoming TV signal as ok.

Try pausing live TV and watching it perhaps 10seconds delayed. That also uses the hard drive.

If the hard drive has problems, it will result in a replacement box - so perhaps get the recordings that you can't source elsewhere, down while you can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daratcliffe,

Many thanks for your recent post - I'm sorry to hear of the playback issues you've been having with your V6.

It's been a few days since your initial post - have you had any improvement with this since Thursday or are you still in need of help?

Let us know 🙂

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I phoned 150 and spoke to a woman who, although keen, was clearly reading from a script. After a hour of useless suggestions, she gave up and put me through to a technician. After a half hour, it was narrowed down to the signal strength of the tuners on the V6. It seems to have cured the problem as I have not had any problems since.

Problem sorted, but a hour and a half of my life I won't get back.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am very sorry for this @daratcliffe and can appreciate this is not ideal. We do apologise that it took this long to figure out the problem, but if you do have any issues, please do let me know and I am more than happy to help you. 

Please do keep us updated with any changes. 

Apart from that, have a fab day 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide