cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 not showing channel guide content

Herbieneil
Joining in

TV Channel guide saying "to be announced" on all channels. Tv channels themselves working ok. Claiming not to be connected to internet but everything else working. Tv picking up other services eg Netflix ok. Wifi working fine with internet connection. Checked all connections and rebooted router and box. Not fixed  new router fitted recently to incorporate land line. What do I do next?

5 REPLIES 5

ozsat
Superstar

The V6 needs you to reconnect to the new router - as the name/password will be different.

It is in the settings menu and there is a WPS option to avoid having to manually enter the password.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To expand on ozsat's answer - your internet may well be fine on other devices but if it's been recently changed, and your V6 is connected wirelessly rather than an Ethernet cable, then it won't know the new wireless details.

Not knowing that, means your V6 doesn't have a working internet connection and you'll find OnDemand also won't be working.

Following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network is the place to fix it. Using an Ethernet cable if possible, will avoid this issue and also give your V6 a more stable connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Herbieneil 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am sorry to hear that you are facing these issues with your connection and thank you to our community members for their help so far. 

Can I ask if this has helped the issue for you? 

Thanks for the tips guys.  I did as suggested and all fixed now.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update Herbieneil,

I'm glad you were able to get this resolved!

If you do have any further queries then be sure to pop back up for further assistance.

Take care,

Kain