cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 no Sky uhd or Netflix

darrengg
On our wavelength

Just purchased a new LG oled and v6 box will not show sky uhd content. Also Netflix doesn’t pick up uhd option. V6 set to 2160p plus bbc iplayer showing uhd and both bt sport and virgin uhd work. Does this sound like a license issue with my box? Help me please. My other V6 box also connected to a 4 year old lg lcd plays uhd material fine from Netflix and sky on demand.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi darrengg ,

I've just seen your post and happened to see the TV make & model ... I have both the 65" & 55" versions of the same TV ... Connected to the TV's via HDMI Port 1 (on both TV's), using: 8K IBRA 2.1 HDMI Cable 

Both TV's are approximately six months old, having been purchased in late May this year, and I've had no issues connecting. UHD works on both as it should do. I'm not sure about the licence issues, but there shouldn't be any reason that I can think of as to why your TV isn't allowing UHD.  Might be a waste of time, but have you tried unplugging everything then setting connecting cables etc before turning power to both on?

I had unplugged both V6 & TV before connecting the HDMI cable and no issues. But that said, there could always be other issues in play here.

I hope you find a solution, the TV (and you, Sir) deserve the best 😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by...

"v6 box will not show sky uhd content. Also Netflix doesn’t pick up uhd option"

Perhaps answer separately for each type of content, if It helps.

Edited to add: Have you tried swapping your 2 V6 around, and see if the problem follows the box, or stays with the TV/HDMI?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

darrengg
On our wavelength

On Netflix it only shows the content as hd available. I have 4k subscription.

On sky uhd on demand I just get a black screen.

amazon video doesn’t work.

Tv is an lg oled65c14lb

have swapped boxes and is the same issue so something with the tv I guess. Firmware is updated.

weird!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@darrengg wrote:

have swapped boxes and is the same issue so something with the tv I guess. Firmware is updated.

Do you mean the issue followed the V6? Or remained with the TV?

Some of the symptoms are what might be expected of a V6 that doesn't have HDCP2.2 compliance in the entire HDMI chain. Have you swapped the HDMI cables around and checked alternate ports as well?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

darrengg
On our wavelength

Both boxes produce the same result on the new tv. Have tried all 4 hdmi ports and different cables and the same thing. 

what puzzles me is that uhd channels work and bbc iplayer works. This is what makes me think it is some licence issue with uhd on Netflix Amazon and sky on demand 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only "licence" that VM require is a subscription for Sky UHD VoD, and HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI connections.

Without being able to check the TV details at present, I would suspect an HDCP issue.

darrengg
On our wavelength

So is that virgin or lg?

Hi darrengg ,

I've just seen your post and happened to see the TV make & model ... I have both the 65" & 55" versions of the same TV ... Connected to the TV's via HDMI Port 1 (on both TV's), using: 8K IBRA 2.1 HDMI Cable 

Both TV's are approximately six months old, having been purchased in late May this year, and I've had no issues connecting. UHD works on both as it should do. I'm not sure about the licence issues, but there shouldn't be any reason that I can think of as to why your TV isn't allowing UHD.  Might be a waste of time, but have you tried unplugging everything then setting connecting cables etc before turning power to both on?

I had unplugged both V6 & TV before connecting the HDMI cable and no issues. But that said, there could always be other issues in play here.

I hope you find a solution, the TV (and you, Sir) deserve the best 😊

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you enable 1080 output on either "affected box", does it make any difference?

Thanks for the reply. I have ordered the cable you mentioned. How old are your V6 boxes?

I have had mine about 5 years. Strange that a 5 year old lg tv is fine and newer one is the problem.

technology!