cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 media Box - intermittent signal loss

Smokeyben
Joining in

Intermittent signal loss from V6 media box keep losing both sound and piture for a few seconds Can anyone help? 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this happening only on, say, live TV? Or is, say, OnDemand, recorded programmes and/or streaming also affected?

They're all handled differently within the box, and therefore would indicate different issues.

If you're getting picture & sound drops on live TV, I'd expect to see an on-screen error message if this was caused by the live TV feed from VM. Otherwise, I'd be looking down the HDMI connections route - this would likely affect all content, not just live TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This happening on live feed television and I have checked hdmi cables thinking it was that. But I have changed televisions as my old was on its way out decide to upgrade and buy a new one and everything was ok for five days then it's started happening on the new television that is why I am thinking it's the box. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Loss of live TV signal would have an on-screen error code or message, W02 most likely.

Try some OnDemand & recorded programmes and see if the same thing happens. If it does, I'd be looking in the direction of the video output chain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Japitts

i don't get a WO2 message but due get lost signal message

I will try some on demand programmes and prerecord ones to see if it happens 

thanks for your help and advice it may take a few days to bottom it as it is very intermittent 

Regards Smokeyben

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Smokeyben, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with your V6 box. Further to the helpful advice offered above I've done some checks from here and wasn't able to identify any obvious faults. 

When you've been able to check the cables/connections and identify which content is affected specifically please let us know so we can take further action as required. 

Tom

Hi Tom 

i have changed the Hdmi cable and the signal does seem to be better with only odd few seconds loss of sound now. I will monitor it for a few days and come back to the forum if I encounter any problems 

As it's possible that the new TV is faulty can you try a different HDMI input.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thank you for letting us know @Smokeyben.

Please get back to us when you can with the updates.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs