cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 losing internet connection

Embri13
Joining in

Does anyone know why and how to fix an issue I am having with one of my v6 boxes? My bedroom tv box keeps losing the WiFi connection, this has only been happening for the past couple of weeks, the box or router haven’t been moved and it’s worked fine for the last few years so don’t  understand what the problem could be

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Embri13,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing connection issues with the V6 box in your bedroom lately, I have been able to find your account with the details we have for you, I cannot see any issues at all, although you have advised there were no issues before and nothing has moves, have you had any new devices that are near the box which may be contributing to this?

Can you unplug the Router and V6 from the power sock for 2 minutes then plug back in, once the V6 comes back on, go into Home, settings, network then select connect to the Virgin Media Network now?

Regards

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On your V6 remote, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right.

What's the wireless signal strength reported as?

Have you tried swapping the 2 boxes around to check if the problem follows the box or remains with the room?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks