cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 keeps shutting off

aidy1972
On our wavelength

As title says, recently the tivo (6 I think, the 4k one) has started turning off.

Sometimes a standby cycle will bring it back on for a short time but more often than not,  I have to power off via rear switch leave it for a bit and back on. This doesn't guarantee a result. 

I've a feeling it could be heat related. First time it happened, during the Welcome Screen/Starting up period I was getting strange artifacts like a green wired grid for a brief moment. Given current climate here not an impossibility. 

Thought I'd get this in incase further assistance will be required down the line.

18 REPLIES 18

aidy1972
On our wavelength

Sorry,  I was Saturday the webchat took place. Can't recall time.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry @aidy1972 

Not sure what you mean? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

aidy1972
On our wavelength

Used the Web chat pop out on the Virgin Media website to speak to a rep.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Did you manage to further arrange and engineer visit or would you like me to do that from here. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

aidy1972
On our wavelength

@zak_M

I'd appreciate that.

To clarify, cables in the house (just one room, upstairs) need to be sorted. I don't believe they would need any reason to go in loft, just the ones not attached to anything will need either just cutting to a better length (thus sorting weakened wire at modem) and/or replaced as engineer sees fit. If you could use the mobile number ending in 131 for contacting me, you have better chance of an answer as land line seldom heard or used by me.

The apparent fake Web chat told me there's no fee, hopefully still the case! 😄

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me.

I have booked this for you. for times, dates and to make any amendments to your appointment, you can visit your my Virgin Media account

Please do let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

aidy1972
On our wavelength

Thank you for all your assistance.  I've just received the text message confirming visit. 

Hopefully will end frustration of moving wires to a specific position to get decent connection! 😅

Thanks again, Zak.

aidy1972
On our wavelength

Just come across the shortcut I created to this thread!

Two guys came on date arranged and were fantastic. Everything was sorted. They acknowledged how worn the cables were, cut back and all fixed and well. Not had a single issue with broadband or the tivo since.

Many thanks for your assistance, apologies for such a late reply. Bit rude as you set it in motion for me, so thanks again.

Hi there @aidy1972 

No problem and so glad to hear everything was resolved! 

Please don't hesitate to use the forums again should you ever need any assistance in the future! 

Thank you.