cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 keeps losing sound when changing channel - only happens on V6 not TV

Mukesh110
Joining in

Hi, I have had this problem for some time, and not been able to get it resolved.
When I change channel on the V6 sometimes about 50% minimum usually more, loses sound. Picture is fine this will continue even if I change channel again, randomly it will come back when changing channel, never by itself.  the only way of making sure I get back sound is to switch off TV and start again - sounds like V6 is send some kind of pulse to upset the TV.
Restart the V6 solves the problem at the time until you change channel again. All thing seem to point to V6 box, getting to the point of moving to SKY!

Curiously may be unrelated - I was having problems with my previous TV and we lost sound completely, in the end moved to another HDMI port and it worked. Worried slightly that same is going to happened again.    

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried a different HDMI port on the newer TV or a different HDMI cable?

You could also try changing the sound settings to Dolby PCM

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mukesh110 wrote:

Curiously may be unrelated - I was having problems with my previous TV and we lost sound completely, in the end moved to another HDMI port and it worked. Worried slightly that same is going to happened again.    

Sounds very much like you had a faulty HDMI port on your old TV.

Prove the TV ports & cables by swapping them - definitely the first step. Restarting your V6 could possibly be triggering a fresh HDMI handshake each time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Mukesh110 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with the sound when you change channels on your V6 box.  Can I ask if you've tried the steps suggested by both @newapollo and @japitts ?

Regards

Lee

Richw1982
Rising star

Could also be a HDCP issue in which case moving to sky would make no difference as it will be the same.  Try using a different TV if it doesn't do it its an issue with the HDCP coding on the TV itself

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences