cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 issues when playing recordings

MAW70
Tuning in

My V6 box has issues when playing recordings - it occasionally freezes and the picture breaks up.  This happens all the time, I’ve checked the service status in my area and it’s fine.

Thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Mark,

That's a hard drive issue and the box will need replacing.

You can either wait a few days for a member of the forum team to pick this up for you, or contact the faults team.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mark,

When the recordings are affected, are they all off the same channel(s)?

What happens if you pause a live program and then play it back?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

All recordings are affected regardless of what channel they were on, and if I pause a live program and play it back I also get the issue.

It used to only happen occasionally while watching recordings, but it’s getting more frequent.

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Mark,

That's a hard drive issue and the box will need replacing.

You can either wait a few days for a member of the forum team to pick this up for you, or contact the faults team.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi MAW70

Sorry to hear of the set top box issues with recordings and paused live tv, we appreciate the confusion and frustration caused and you raising this via the forums.

As newapollo has advised, the symptoms indicate an issue with the boxes hard drive, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from to arrange a replacement.

Rob