cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 issue

smithius
Joining in

Hi, having trouble with the v6 box stuck cycling on welcome screen. Have tried switching off and back on with and without hdmi lead in. Have rebooted hub as well. Some help would be appreciated as half way though family isolating!

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rebooting the hub won't make much difference to this - a V6 needs a working internet & co-ax connection to complete the boot cycle.

Removing the HDMI will just mean the TV isn't getting a video input.

Ultimately if the box won't boot-up, it has a fault. The quickest way to report that is to call in. 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the "I have a fault" options.

Forum staff will respond on here, but it may take an extra day or so.

By means of an interim workaround, your TV may have a Freeview tuner for the basic channels, you could also try the Virgin TV Go app on any compatible device.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @smithius,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your TV box.

I was able to locate your account on our system and can see that you have been in touch already as @japitts suggested.

I can see that you have a technician appointment set up, and we'd appreciate if you could update us on how your visit goes.

I can see that you advised that your family is self-isolating. If this is due to a positive Covid-19 test, we would advise you use your online account to reschedule your appointment for a later date. This is to ensure that our technician does not come into contact with the virus and potentially pass it onto other customers.

We look forward to hearing about your visit.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs