cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 home page reports invalid Network settings but network page says all well

skipper747
Tuning in

this problem just started today, error C233 on home page and no catch-up/on-demand error V210.However network settings page says all well 75% signal and successful connections.

Broadband 214Mb down 20.5 up, T.v. picture fine.

Nice gentleman on help line, easy to understand despite accent, got me to do, what I had tried several times, i.e. power cycle V6 and hub.  I connect by wifi and have tried 2.5 and 5GHz both of which work well.

He sent signals from his end and assured me all would be well..... but no change.2nd attempt, lady with very strong accent and lots of phase distortion eventually, said they would send an engineer.

Just wonder if anyone knows a fix 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've done all the right things so far, and if a tech visit has been booked, that's a good start.

If your network connections are working, then I don't think "sending signals" is going to have any impact - although it can't hurt.

I suspect this is a problem at VM's end, rather than being an issue with your kit. Out of interest, when's your tech appointment for?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your interest.

Saturday p.m.

Only other change is replaced TV with bigger Samsung but that's on the output side of V6.

I'll post what happens.

Rare praise of "150 They do note you phoned with a problem earlier and that cuts some of the Cr**.

Hi @skipper747,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you were having network issues with your V6.

We are however glad to hear our team was able to book a tech visit for you. How has service been since the appointment? Does the issue persist?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Update

Engineer booked for Saturday, Friday everything OK, it would seem the problem was at the Vm end not the box.

Engineer turned up any way and checked everything remade a couple of connections but didn't think they caused the problem.

Lets hope it continues to work OK.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi skipper747

Thank you for updating the thread and letting us know. 

We just wanted to check in and see how things have been since your last post?

Thanks 

Nat

Fine Thanks Nat.

I would have liked a survey email to praise a very efficient engineer, but II never received one.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

If you would like to provide us with the feedback we would be more than happy to raise this for you. 

Kind regards. 

Zak_M