cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 guide not updating, this weeks planned recordings all missing

setantii
Tuning in

Yesterday evening the V6 guide on my only box appeared to be missing a lot of data, each slot is either blank or says "upcoming:"  I've left it overnight until this evening and it has still not updated.

A local fault on the tv I have been tracking reported back as being fixed this afternoon so i've attempted to use the v6 box this evening.

Tried resetting the router and the V6 box to no avail, last attempt network connection was successful at 16:40 today, connecting to the virgin media service gives 5 checks all finished, network status is connected, testing connnection gave me 3 checks all finished, but the background on screen went green which ive not seen before. Port config test has failed but that can be erroneous, dns resolution test succeeded.

On demand services are working as expected, internet connectivity appears to be ok, the guide continues to not update and approximately 1 in 100 program slots have any useful data.  weirdly 1 program is showing in my planned recordings for 09/07, and then everything after 15/07 appears to be in the planner as expected but despite my series links showing up in "manage series links", as there is no program data, my planned recordings for last night and today until 2 weeks from now all appear to be missing.

Can you do a planner rebuild on these? and can anybody shed some light on what this issue might be before I get on the phone?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

setantii
Tuning in

I was videoing the issue to link to here, when the box began to make some progress. 

After my 4th time going to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media Service now the Loading info showed a percentage progress rather than showing (Finished).

After around 5 minutes the EPG data was all back in place, however the planned recordings from today and for the great majority of the next two weeks were still missing.

I then went into Home > My shows & Recordings > Manage Series Link+  and moved a couple of programs up the recording priority list, this seems to have forced the V6 box to go through the EPG and pick up all the missing Series link+ items and planned recordings, which I will consider as fixed as I can not remember all the programs that would have been on the planned recordings list.

Hope somebody finds this useful if they experience a similar problem.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should currently have EPG data for the terrestrial channels upto and including Friday 9th. Many of the pay channels will be populated beyond that point into "week plus 2"

The port configuration test often fails on perfectly working systems, you can completely disregard that.

If your EPG is not fully populated as per above, you can follow Home > Help & Settings > Clear or reset my box, and there's an option for "clear guide and planned recordings"

The vast majority of EPG issues can be resolved by self-help methods and/or help from this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm only seeing about 1% of the info in my epg terrestrial or pay, As its our only box the whole family have series links and planned recordings that were showing yesterday morning and have all pretty much dissapeared, it would be a laborious fix to have to delete all that and start again, was hoping for something easier that would recover the planned programs if that is possible. thanks for taking your time posting this fix though. if nothing else it may be my only option.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The reset I suggested, will clear your EPG and force a download of the current one. All series links will remain intact, you'll only lose manual recordings but anything set from SL will just be rebuilt. You should probably allow 1-2 hours for the process to complete.

If your EPG has somehow become corrupt, then deleting it and rebuilding is probably the best course of action.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

setantii
Tuning in

I was videoing the issue to link to here, when the box began to make some progress. 

After my 4th time going to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to the Virgin Media Service now the Loading info showed a percentage progress rather than showing (Finished).

After around 5 minutes the EPG data was all back in place, however the planned recordings from today and for the great majority of the next two weeks were still missing.

I then went into Home > My shows & Recordings > Manage Series Link+  and moved a couple of programs up the recording priority list, this seems to have forced the V6 box to go through the EPG and pick up all the missing Series link+ items and planned recordings, which I will consider as fixed as I can not remember all the programs that would have been on the planned recordings list.

Hope somebody finds this useful if they experience a similar problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like you've given the recording scheduler a gentle nudge where the previous attempts failed. A result.