cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 firmware upgrade

carlD1963
Joining in

I recently upgraded to a virgin V6 box.  When looking at the UHD channels there is sound dropout and pixelation every few seconds. 

I am using the cable supplied and also have tried other high spec HDMI cables. I have also tried connecting to the different HDMI ports  on my TV (Panasonic TX55EZ952B - firmware up to date).

I have successfully viewed 4k media on the TV using an amazon fire box.

The help forums suggest I should update the firmware on the V6 box, however I cannot find anywhere to do this.

Any help / suggestions appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@carlD1963 wrote:

I recently upgraded to a virgin V6 box.

Can you confirm this was a swapout from a TiVo? If you're not sure, check here 

I only ask to eliminate the possibility of your having a 360 not a V6.

Standard advice with pixellation queries is to reboot your box once and then report what is likely a signal issue - after checking all your cabling is finger-tight & secure.

Firmware updates to VM'S TV boxes are issued by VM themselves, not something you can do - and not necessarily the issue here. When you say "the help forums suggest" this, out of interest, where?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Japitts - yes this was an upgrade from a Tivo.  I have a V6 controller not a 360 controller

ozsat
Superstar

You will have the latest firmware - it is done automatically and you can not change that.

What you describe sounds like a signal issue and you are best to call faults on 150.

@carlD1963 wrote:

I recently upgraded to a virgin V6 box.  When looking at the UHD channels there is sound dropout and pixelation every few seconds. 

I am using the cable supplied and also have tried other high spec HDMI cables. I have also tried connecting to the different HDMI ports  on my TV (Panasonic TX55EZ952B - firmware up to date).

I have successfully viewed 4k media on the TV using an amazon fire box.

The help forums suggest I should update the firmware on the V6 box, however I cannot find anywhere to do this.

Any help / suggestions appreciated.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5