cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 connecting to TIVO

AnotherUser
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have a V6 box and an old TIVO box, The V6 box named "Living Room" is connected to the HUB through WIFI. The old TIVO box named "Bedroom" is not connected directly to the HUB, but indirectly through a pair of NetGear Powerline adapters. One Powerline is connected to the HUB via ethernet, and the other is connected to the TIVO box via ethernet.

When looking at "My Shows" on the TIVO box, I can see the "Living Room" entry, but when looking at "My Shows" on the V6 box I cannot see the "Bedroom" box.

Any ideas why this should be?

Regards,

Cliff Cooley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this a recent problem?

If so - have you tried the simple fix of restarting each box in-turn? The next obvious test is to make sure each box is connected to the hub directly and not through any intermediary kit - given the TiVo doesn't have WiFi, that may mean locating it physically close enough to the hub so as to enable an Ethernet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this a recent problem?

If so - have you tried the simple fix of restarting each box in-turn? The next obvious test is to make sure each box is connected to the hub directly and not through any intermediary kit - given the TiVo doesn't have WiFi, that may mean locating it physically close enough to the hub so as to enable an Ethernet connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

roy247
Community elder

Also try reconnecting to Virginmedia Services, always worked with 2 V6 boxes can't remember if the TiVo had that.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo has that option, but is configured differently to the V6.

V6 uses the Hub connection for everything, TiVo's Ethernet is for multi-room but the internet is in-built for everything else.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It only started happening today, after a new HUB 3.0 was installed!

Regarding the connection of the TIVO box, it cannot be connected via ethernet as the box and hub are in separate parts of the house - hence the use of the NetGear Powerline adapters.

However, turning the boxes off and on again has sorted it all out!

Many thanks,

Cliff Cooley

Hi,

Thanks for the response, but I had already done that.

Regards,

Cliff Cooley

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So is this now resolved? You've put 2 separate replies in this thread - one to say "already done that, no joy", the other "all now sorted" - everyone on this forum sees every reply - they don't go to individual users.

I think you're trying to say that restarting the boxes has resolved this, but can you confirm?

roy247
Community elder

Hi j,

I think he just power cycled the boxes.

Roy

Yes, restarting the boxes has resolved the problem.

Indeed.