cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 boxes won’t connect to each other

Miss_K1
Tuning in

As the title suggests my boxes, one wired into the hub via Ethernet downstairs and one upstairs in my bedroom via wireless won’t connect to one another so I can’t watch shows from the ‘other boxes’ section on my shows as I’ve always been able to do. 

never had this issue and it seems to have started in the last few days, tried forgetting the boxes, resetting the hub and starting a fresh, nothing works and it’s really frustrating. 

Would really appreciate some help, VM CS just want me to phone a helpline and they tell me there’s nothing wrong, there is! 

I have the hub 4 and the 1gb wifi, never had this problem before. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try also restarting the router after both V6 boxes have been restarted.

Failing that, how are they both connected - wireless or Ethernet?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens when you try to view a recording from the "My other boxes" section - do you get an error code, for example? And if so - what is it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for the reply.

When I try to connect to either box it just says this…. Can’t connect, may be a problem with home network or connections

code shown is c423 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

C423 - I suspected as much.

Can both V6 boxes use OnDemand OK? That's a good test of the V6 <--> Hub connection which is the same one used for mulitroom streaming.

You've mentioned "resetting the hub and starting a fresh" - does that include restarting each V6 via the Help & Settings menu?

Yes both boxes allow on demand viewing, it’s so frustrating as I can’t watch anything from my downstairs box upstairs 🤦🏻‍♀️

I haven’t reset via the menu as you’ve described, is that just an option within the settings? 
going to give that a go if so! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Miss_K1 wrote:

I haven’t reset via the menu as you’ve described, is that just an option within the settings? 
going to give that a go if so! 

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart.

On-screen prompts and instructions are provided throughout.

Done that, thank you for the help.

the downstairs one picked up the bedroom box immediately, the upstairs box still throws up the error code 🤦🏻‍♀️

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is that after restarting both boxes in turn?

Yes I did them both using the settings menu and restarting both 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try also restarting the router after both V6 boxes have been restarted.

Failing that, how are they both connected - wireless or Ethernet?