cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 boxes won’t connect to each other

Paperboy
Up to speed

I posted previously about this and got some helpful advice, however my V6 boxes will still not find each other so I can’t watch recordings from the other box. The one downstairs is connected by Ethernet cable to the router, while the one upstairs is on 5G with 82% connection, yet any attempts to connect to the other comes up with "not found". What can I do?

14 REPLIES 14

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Paperboy, thanks for contacting us and we are sorry for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the V6 boxes connecting with each other and we want to ensure that this is resolved. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this? Please make sure the V6 is connected to the WiFi network(or via ethernet) ^Chris

Strangely, the bedroom one suddenly connected to the one downstairs,  but it still doesn't work the other way.

No worries, I will send you a private message to look in to this further for you. Chris 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Can you click the downstairs one directly in to the hub and the upstairs one via wifi, if you go to settings and connect to virginmedia service then select wireless. Does this help at all? ^Chris. 

That's how it's set up

Can you go in to the settings and click the connect now option and this should resolve the issue. Chris 

It didn't, I'm afraid

The only thing I can think of is there is a fault with the box, can you keep trying over next 48 hours to see if anything changes? Chris 

will do