cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 boxes not connecting to each other

mneilson11
Tuning in

I installed a new Hub 3 last week and have no issues with connection or the hub itself although since installation none of the 3V6 boxes in the house can connect to each other, continually comes up with C423 error code but rebooting boxes isn’t working and not sure what else to do? 
One box is connected by Ethernet cable the other 2 are wifi

does anyone have any solutions? 

12 REPLIES 12

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I presume you have altered the two WiFi-connected V6s to reflect the SSID (WiFi name) and password of the new Hub?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per Ernie, a new hub means a new WiFi network/SSID. Ethernet will connect straight up, but each V6 that's using WiFi will need to be connected to the new SSID and be given the new password.

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes I connected both WiFi boxes up to the new hub with the new password the same day I installed it 

I done this the same day I connected the new hub, everything else that requires internet use is working just not the boxes connecting somehow 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you saying that...

Each box can use VoD & streaming ok? That uses the internet

But you're having problems multiroom streaming? It uses the same connection.

If so, what's the problem with multiroom? Can you explain what's happening?

Spoiler
I can use on demand, Netflix etc on all 3 boxes with no issues but I cannot link in to any of the boxes from each other.

When trying to watch a show that has been recorded by a different box it shows the error code and says it cannot connect to the other box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the error code?

That will help in identifying the cause.

The error code is C423

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per Error code help this usually relates to wireless problems, often insufficient WiFi reliability or strength.

What's the signal strength reported as, in the network connections screen?

Remember that it's the quality of the connection on the "donating" box as well as the "receiving" one that both need to be sufficient.