Menu
jimboy2005
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes lose connection

Hi, I have 2 V6 boxes both connected to super hub with Ethernet cable. When Streaming from one box to the other connection is often lost. Any updates on a fix for this as I’m going back to Sky if VM can’t fix this. Tech support suggestions don’t work

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes lose connection

Hi jimboy2005,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the connection on the V6 boxes.  I have carried out some checks remotely and there is a signal problem that we need to get fixed.  I will arrange an engineer appointment via private message with you.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
clagadymuf
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I get exactly the same problem . it drops intermitently  sometimes after a few minutes sometimes longer

0 Kudos
jimboy2005
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you’ve got the same problems. I got a technician out but after much head scratching no fix. Very poor

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had all sorts of issues initially with my two v6 boxes... it would stream fine in one direction but in the other the connection used to drop quite often. First thing first is if you are using any plugs for your network traffic for either box then make sure there is no hidden power settings in them (mine are devolo and have power saving functions). Replace your ethernet cables if you have not already, this could help.

However, the problem I had was one way streaming from downstairs to upstairs only. Swapping the boxes moved the problem to the other way... I basically had to 'force' the engineer to swap my box on the premise that it must be a box fault and hey presto sorted.
0 Kudos