cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box

Patters
Tuning in

How do you remove a old named V6 box from the system ie Pater’s Tavern and Semone’s Tv I can’t work it out

20 REPLIES 20

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What system are you trying to remove a V6 from?

Are you asking about multiroom boxes? Restarting the host box with the slave one disconnected from the home network, should work if so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Patters,

Thanks for posting 🙂

So we can help, are you able to give us some more information on what you're trying to do?

Alex_Rm

Hi I have 4 V6 boxes each one is named as to its location, I have recently had two V6 boxes replaced with new ones as they were faulty.

so now I’m left with the old V6 boxes names on the system ie in the section that states all other boxes. No one knows how to remove the names of old boxes 

No I’m trying to remove the old V6 named boxes from the the section that’s states all other boxes 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Indeed, and I'd have thought restarting the host boxes usually refreshes that list.

I hope my fellow VIP @jbrennand won't mind the page, I know they've got V6 multiroom and may be more familiar.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We do indeed have multiroom with three differently named boxes... but that was done in the distant past and I have never had the need to try and change them 🙂

But Google is you friend... could try this...

How to rename TV V6 or Tivo box
  1. Press Home on the remote.
  2. Select Help & Settings.
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select Devices.
  5. Select Name this TiVo box.

Not sure if that allows you to "blank out" a name.  May need to do a reset of the 2 boxes

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi 

I can’t reset the boxes because there not here virgin took them away as they were faulty and you can only alter the connected boxes

roy247
Community elder

I read that resetting the box you have will refresh the list on that box with the boxes connected to your network.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@roy247 wrote:

I read that resetting the box you have will refresh the list on that box with the boxes connected to your network.

That's exactly the theory I've been driving at. I've certainly helped other users get lost boxes back via this method, so it's a reasonable assumption the opposite may work.

If that's not working, then I'd also be interested to know the solution.