Menu
mckenzi07
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 box

I have two Tivo boxes with recordings that I want to keep. Will I lose these when the V6 box is installed?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box

Yes. There is no facility to copy recordings between boxes.

You could keep the TiVos, at a charge, and view any unwatched recordings via MultiRoom Streaming before discontinuing the TiVos.

0 Kudos
mckenzi07
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks. What is the charge or where can I find out about this and how do I go about getting it organised.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To keep the TiVo would be an extra £7.50 a month for the period you need it.

0 Kudos
mckenzi07
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again. When I ordered the V6 box online I was informed that an engineer would have to install it as my broadband hub is not in the same room as the TV. That is fine. Will the engineer also show me how to get to the recordings on the TiVo? This is important for reasons I do not wish to go into on a open forum. If I cannot get the help and support I need I will cancel the order. I hope it does not come to that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mckenzi07,

Thanks for posting!

I've located your account and I can see you've spoken to our team to get this sorted out. Let us know if you need anything else.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mckenzi07
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

This hasn't actually been sorted out completely. When I spoke to your Sales Department they told me a different story.  The person I spoke to  said that I could only keep the old TiVo box for two weeks. They did not know anything about streaming my old recordings. Very disappointing because it would be good to get a definitive reply from someone in your company.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HI Mckenzi07

Apologies again for the inconvenience you've experienced recently. To confirm, you will lose your recordings from your TiVo box unless you've decided to keep the TiVo as well as the V6 you've mentioned upgrading too.

If you've just got the V6 on your package, then you will lose the recorded content on your TiVo box when you make the change.

I hope this helps, sorry it's likely not the information you wanted to hear.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lee78
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Does my wifi need to be connected to set up planned recordings on the V6
0 Kudos