cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box

Evelyn60
On our wavelength

Tried to set up a recording today and message flagged up to say programme would either be clipped or others already recording would be omitted as only allowed to record three programmes stimulateniously.  I thought it could record six .  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Evelyn60
On our wavelength

Thank you. I’ve been on to “ my shows” but can’t find anything that resembles recording hiccups. Can you tell me where to find it?  Thank you 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A V6 can record six, the TiVo 3 - check which you have, here 

I'm away from my V6 currently so am quoting the menu paths from memory - check under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings, you're looking for "Overlap protection" IIRC. Check that the option is set to cancel the lower priority recording is enabled in preference to clipping it.

Then check under "My planned recordings" as to what's set to record.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Evelyn60

Thanks for posting. This is very odd. Can you go to recording hiccups for me, which can be found in 'my shows' and it should advise you what has caused this as the V6 can record 6

Keep me posted with this, 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add, the best way to check this does depend whether the recording is in the past or future...

If it was in the past, and the recording failed, then as per @John_GS  - Recording Hiccups is the place to check, although depending on the channel, it may yet record a repeat showing.

If the recording is yet to happen, you might have an error showing in "My planned recordings" and it'll show in dark grey rather than white.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Evelyn60
On our wavelength

Thank you. I’ve been on to “ my shows” but can’t find anything that resembles recording hiccups. Can you tell me where to find it?  Thank you 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Instead of pressing "My Shows", choose Home > "My Shows & Recordings" and scroll to the bottom.