Menu
Highlighted
toughy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 box

How much are we prepared to accept, our old but loved equipment being made obsolete ?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box

explain?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
toughy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

D o not have an old vcr / dvd scart and hdmi  that was connected to the original virgin tivio box ?. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

scart is old tech and died out long ago. you won't find scart connection on any modern hardware

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
toughy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you ignoring the hdmi side of the argument, as the signal from the v6 is encrypted not possible to connect direct other than to the tv.

0 Kudos
se1lad
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@toughy wrote:

Are you ignoring the hdmi side of the argument, as the signal from the v6 is encrypted not possible to connect direct other than to the tv.

Isn't this by design though to prevent you recording HD/UHD content off the V6 box?  As far as I am aware Sky Q has the same restriction?  Also, you don't have to connect it directly to the TV - mine goes via an AV amplifier.  You can also connect via an HDCP 2.2. compatible splitter if you want to send the signal to multiple TVs based on some other posts on here.

0 Kudos
toughy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry for not responding sooner, I do not dispute your observation regarding the recording aspect, My point is that we are at the mercy of our providers regarding what we can or not do with the content,

As we were, and still are able to record from the old TiVo box to an external source, I feel our options are being controlled by others.

I do not have an AV amp, but the splitter info is welcome, I have bought two so far neither work.

regards.   toughy.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@toughy wrote:

Sorry for not responding sooner, I do not dispute your observation regarding the recording aspect, My point is that we are at the mercy of our providers regarding what we can or not do with the content,

As we were, and still are able to record from the old TiVo box to an external source, I feel our options are being controlled by others.

I do not have an AV amp, but the splitter info is welcome, I have bought two so far neither work.

regards.   toughy.

Yes we are and you have no legal right to back up that content, the next generation of boxes will have no hard drives and all content to watch will be cloud based

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos