Menu
Highlighted
UKViking
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V6 box won't stay on standby

I literally have to cut the power completely to keep this thing turned off. Standby is useless as it just comes back on by itself whenever it feels like it.

I put it on standby all the time as I don't really watch much TV. But if I leave it alone for a little while, it will definitely, guaranteed, without fail, 100% of the time, sneak itself back on!

Doesn't even matter the time of day or night. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. I could be asleep. I could be outdoors. I could be playing Xbox. I could be downstairs. Regardless, when I next look at it, it will be back on! It's kinda creepy to be honest.

Is this normal?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box won't stay on standby

I don't really pay attention to the lights on my v6, why does it bother you so much? 

0 Kudos
UKViking
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is this guy serious?

"I don't pay attention to the lights, why does it bother you so much?"

What kinda [removed], backwards, [removed] reply is that supposed to be? [removed] here yo!

[Mod Edit – Removed Inappropriate Comments

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you just pretty much stopped anyone on the community from replying and helping after that reply to @jb66

Now you should call it in.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello UKViking, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you are having an unusual issue with your V6 box. 

When in standby - your V6 box should have a red/orange light and when it is switched on it will show a white light. 

The only reason it could switch itself on would be if there are updates going to the box. You can use the on/off switch on the back of the V6 box if you prefer but do be advised that when you do switch it back on fully, it could take longer to load as it will need to download any updates that may have been queuing whilst it was switched off. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Enduser
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also, obviously,  it wont record any programmed when it's powered off.

0 Kudos
UKViking
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie.

It's been bugging me the way it keeps coming back on from standby so I have indeed been keeping the box switched off permanently from the power button at the back.

Whenever I power it up, the TV guide is blank and the whole thing seems warped.

I guess I should probably show some patience and leave it powered on for a few days even if it refuses to go on standby.

At least then I might actually allow it to complete whatever updates it's been trying to do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi UKViking

Thanks for replying. 

Quick post to see how things are now?

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team 

0 Kudos