Menu
seanoevil1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box - wifi MAC address?

all,

assuming these boxes don't have to be connected via LAN?

trying to locate wifi MAC address to add to my device exception list but cannot locate it?

any advice please.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box - wifi MAC address?

If it's not written on the box, or somewhere in the System Info page, just disable MAC address filtering, let it connect, and write it down from the DCHP table.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
VM_Net_Eng
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disabling MAC address filtering wipes the long list of MAC addresses that have to be entered manually one at the time. After half hour on the support call and being passed around the houses no one could give me the WiFi MAC address for my box so I can simply add that to my wifi MAC access list. Having the WiFi MAC on a sticker at the bottom of the box (MAC on the sticker is Ethernet MAC not WiFi) or being able to find the MAC from the WiFi config menu seems too much to ask for, it feels like someone went out of their way to stop people having increased/better security in place on V6 box. Surely there must be an easy way of finding out the wifi MAC locally on the box without having to remove our wifi security first?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The WiFi MAC address is one digit up from the STB MAC address of the V6 as reported in Diagnostics.

For example, If last digits is A6 of STB, use A7.

VM_Net_Eng
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much Sir that is all I was after, now I can setup the new shiny V6 box. Thanks again.

0 Kudos