Menu
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V6 box why doesnt is turn on when you turn it on.

Hi

When is virgin going to fix the problem when you turn the v6 on but doesnt come on stays a blank screen you have to turn the box off and on at the back to get it to show a picture the old tivo boxes didnt have this problem sick of turning it off and on doesnt always do it.

also when on the sd channels itv and channel 4 the blue button doesnt show up to say you can get it on HD.

cheers

shaun

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box why doesnt is turn on when you turn it on.

Given no one else is reporting this issue I'd suggest calling and reporting a fault.

As for the blue button, this isn't available in all instances. That said works for me on ITV and channel 4.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi dude 

when first got the 2 ticks swapped for the 2 v6 after about 6 months the one in the living room started playing up i think hard drive went in it cos watching things i recorded would stop and that but that box did same when turn it on wouldn't come on till i turned it off at the back and on about so i swapped the box what was upstairs till virgin came to take the one what was playing up and this one does the same where turn on and doesn't come on.

old tivos had no problem with them.

cheers

shaun 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi virgin 

still having problems where the box won’t turn on from stand by! The light on the box turns to white but nothing shows on the screen only black screen! 

Have to turn box off and back on to get a picture from the v6! 

Is this a known problem? 

About time it was fixed fed up having to get up to turn off and wait till it loads up! 

Cheers

shaun 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What did virgin say when you phoned and reported it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I didn’t ring in no point they don’t know nothing off shore call centres it’s a deffo problem with the v6 it needs sorting with a firmware update for the v6 

virgin on here should put out and tell people there’s a problem for it! 

Would help with loads of people not needing to post when they can look for the answer from the virgin forum team! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You've made 1,566 posts since May 2011 and not realised that this is a community forum? Keep up this attitude and see how many people will try and help you in future. And all because you've had two faulty V6s which were possibly from the same bad batch.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

What attitude? I told him wouldnt be no point in ringing up which i would be right. has you see no one from virgin got back to me on this which again proves my point its a firmware problem. 

the 2 v6s i got together the one that had hard drive fault went after a few months and also did the same wouldnt come on. the new one i got upstairs from it i could try that downstairs but i know it would do the same.

dont be mad had me cos you cant win a hillsborough Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi RockerSBM

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having issues with our V6 boxes. You advised that you get no picture upon turning the box on from standby. Is this issue on both your V6's or just the one?

When you press the standby button or even the channel +/- does any picture appear after a few seconds?

Are all the cables secure at tight at he back of the box?

We have had no know issues reported about our V6 boxes so we may have to get this looked in to further for you.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There, you have a reply from virgin on here how satisfactory was it, any better than a phone.
0 Kudos