Menu
AntoniJ1975
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box various problems

hello,

The last few days our V6 box is having many different issues. The issues are trouble changing channels, going to a blank screen, restarting, stuck on the "starting up" message for a long time, having to reset up the box from fresh (as if it was new). I have tried all the usual things from rebooting the box, making sure all the cables are in tight etc... but nothing has helped. 

I have checked the service status in my area (area code 25, swansea) and it mentions there is an issue with the TVGO on desktop etc... and engineers are trying to fix it. I am wondering if this could be affecting the V6 box as well and has other people in my area got similar problems.

Any information would be great thanks, and if I need an engineer to come up and take a look please arrange one.

thanks.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box various problems

Hi AntoniJ1975,

I'm sorry to see you are having probelms with your V6 box.

The TV Go error message won't affect your V6 box, it relates to the TVGo app used on mobiles/tablets.

The trouble changing channels may be due to needing new batteries in your remote.

The restarting and stuck on starting up seems to point to a problem with your actual V6 box.

When you signed into the Service status page did   you run a test against the V6 box?  Sometimes by doing that VM can try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. This may result in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

AntoniJ1975
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have tried the "run test" feature twice and it reported that no faults were detected. I recently put new batteries in our remote as well thinking it could be that but sadly no that isn't the case either. I am thinking it is a problem with the box itself. I did forget to also mention I sometimes get a "connecting" message but it that it can't connect to my network. It actually detected my network (wifi) earlier and I put in my password but still it would not connect. Anyway thanks for the response I will have to have an engineer come out.
0 Kudos
AntoniJ1975
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So I phoned this morning and they are issuing a new V6 box to me since the one I have has a fault. I was surprised that I will need to install this box myself and no engineer will be sent out. So my question is this pretty easy to do? is it just a question of taking the cables out of the back of the old one and then putting them in the new one and allow it to download software and set up etc.... thanks for any information.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Pretty much, yes.

Disconnect the old box, connect the replacement in its place.

Replacement boxes are usually being sent out pre-activated, so just follow the on-screen prompts while the box configures itself. If you get any "activation" type errors, then you may need to call VM C/S to send the activation hit to the new equipment, but this is generally the exception.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks