Menu
Kezza67
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 box upgrade

I ordered a new v6 box online back in march for free which was supposed to be delivered last week 19th April. I rang today as it hadn't arrived and was told by a completely useless customer service representative that even though I had my email to say I had ordered it, they hadn't got record of my order and they are now not doing the free box exchange!!!!!! How can I have an email confirming that it was ordered but they haven't got the order.

I was then told I could still have not bit she couldn't do it for me that I needed to contact the web chat team and send a screen shot of my email. Guess what the web chat isn't working !!!! So not only  have I not received my new box, the customer service representative couldn't help me and the web chat that I was referred to isn't working and I can't find an email address anywhere for anyone to help me.  Has anyone else had this problem. 

0 Kudos
Alty3282
Just joined
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box upgrade

Ordered mine V6 box mid march with a specified date of April 28th and for engineer to fit the box at a cost of £40. Messages started arriving 30 minutes later saying " Great news we can now fit you box on these earlier dates" and  every week since but replied no as wanted specific fitting date. Informed 3 days ago date for delievery was cancelled ( i paid for fitting) and box would be delivered on May 5th. Called and was told they now have noV6 boxes. Text again yesterday saying "Great news we can now fit box on 27th April, replied yes to then be told sorry date now not available. Shocking to be honest.

0 Kudos
alyandrob
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have switched off web chat and email facility, don't respond to issues via social media and as I am discovering currently, are now pretty unlikely to even respond to issues on here any more.  this community used to be my only route to get in touch with someone who could resolve my issue but now it seems we are forced to contact them only by telephone, where we are lied to and have no documented record of the conversation.

0 Kudos
sparkeh
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, support does seem particularly poor at the moment.

I too had issues with the online order of the free v6 upgrade which it seems a lot of people here have had too (missing orders, incorrect order confirmations etc). Used online chat to get the upgrade order placed last Thursday and it arrived on Monday. I queried the information posted in various threads about there being a shortage of v6 boxes but was told by multiple VM staff that its not true. Go figure.

I rarely use support but I have had to recently for a router issue and as it was abysmal. Call backs were promised that never happened with no record of them being scheduled etc.

Still, VM support has always been rubbish yet what incentive is there to change whilst we still pay them large sums of money for their services ;-)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kezza67,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not received your V6 box.

I can confirm there is currently a shortage on stock so all upgrades are currently on hold and being processed for May. 

There is a system issue preventing us from updating the quota so anyone trying to book an upgrade for April will have it re-scheduled by our back office team. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kezza67
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's not the issue. Despite having an email confirming my order, with an order number  you apparently have no record your end and I'm too late now for the free upgrade. I was told to contact webchat to send a picture of my email but your webchat is rubbish and has been off all week. Very very disappointed with Virgin customer service and will be looking to move providers 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kezza67,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community. 

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kezza67,

Thank you for coming back to me with the requested information, I really appreciate it.

I have now passed this onto the team that are dealing with the online upgrades.

As soon as I hear back from them I will update you on this matter.

Again I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Kezza67
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 

0 Kudos