Menu
Highlighted
Claudsmum
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box unresponsive

Just got virgin media installed 2 days ago and I'm finding the V6 box is often unresponsive to the remote control, esp when looking through the tv guide. I've rebooted the box once and I've replaced the batteries in the remote. Very frustrated as equipment is brand new. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box unresponsive

Good Evening Claudsmum,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with you V6.

Have you attempted to go through the setting up of you TV remote again? See if this handy YouTube video may be able to assist you

Kindest regards

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Claudsmum
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for your suggestion. I have tried to pair the remote again however I'm still having problems. 

Virgin are sending a technician to me tomorrow so I'm hopeful that the problem will be solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry to hear that the attempted re-pairing of the remote hasn't resolved the issue for you.

Hopefully the technician will be able to give this tomorrow for you.

In the meantime have you got the TV Control Application on your Smartphone? It might be worth downloading to see if this perhaps makes changing channels  and any other functions you need to use a little easier for you this evening.

If this does prove to be a better experience for you, it may allow us to recognise that the remote is at fault and not the set top box itself

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Claudsmum
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that suggestion, I wasn't aware of the app. I've installed it and it controls the tv fine, so it looks like the problem is the remote. Just waiting for technician now.

0 Kudos