cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuttering when live tv paused

Spacebucks
Dialled in

When I pause live tv and then unpause it, the program will stutter. The only way to sort it out is press the stop button so live tv catches up which defeats the purpose of pausing live tv. It seems to be on the HD channels. All cables are plugged in. Is my V6 box HDD starting to fail?  Any ideas please VM? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please only post once for a particular query, it can otherwise cause multiple replies in different places. I've merged your posts into your new thread that you've (correctly) started.

Your symptoms do sound very much like early-onset HDD failure, so you can wait here for VM staff to pick up - this may take a couple of days.

If you want an immediate response, then you can call in via the usual faults number. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Spacebucks
Dialled in

I am also getting this issue when I pause live TV. When I unpause it the program just stutters and then only way to stop it is press the stop button so live tv catches up (which defeats the purpose of pausing live tv) 

Can anyone at VM assist please? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please only post once for a particular query, it can otherwise cause multiple replies in different places. I've merged your posts into your new thread that you've (correctly) started.

Your symptoms do sound very much like early-onset HDD failure, so you can wait here for VM staff to pick up - this may take a couple of days.

If you want an immediate response, then you can call in via the usual faults number. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Japitts - Anyone for VM able to arrange to send me a new V6 box please as appears the HDD is failing 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Spacebucks

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your services. 

Please could you let me know, dose this happen on all channels? What about any apps? 

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Zak_M

hi there - it seems to do it sporadically on hd channels. I’ve noticed on apps there will be a pause at the start when playing a video on you tube or iPlayer apps for example. Also notice an occasional picture judder watching normal tv. Could you please check my signal levels remotely? Thanks 

Thanks for coming back to us @Spacebucks,

I've looked into the signal levels of your set top box and everything appears to be within spec. 

Can you please advise me if you've been able to reset the set top box at all? 

If you were to do this, it would return the set top box to default settings..

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi seems to of resolved for now

thanks 

Hi Spacebucks,

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on things. 

We're glad to hear that things are resolved for you now. If you have any further issues going forward then you know where we are.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs