cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuck

MichelleB202
Joining in

My V6 box is stuck between the Welcome screen and the image of a box with a downward arrow. It has been like this for 24 hours. I have just managed to get through to support who have said someone from 2nd level support will call back with 48 hours. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've done the right thing by calling into faults to report this, but I fear all that's happened is that they've got you off the phone by the promise of a call-back that "might" happen but likely won't. I'd love to be proven wrong.

If I were you, I'd call-back and be (politely) insistent that the problem is dealt with by means of a booked engineer appointment at the very least. That can lead to the box being replaced if necessary.

If you get no joy, please post back here. VIP users have other ways & means to get this the correct response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've done the right thing by calling into faults to report this, but I fear all that's happened is that they've got you off the phone by the promise of a call-back that "might" happen but likely won't. I'd love to be proven wrong.

If I were you, I'd call-back and be (politely) insistent that the problem is dealt with by means of a booked engineer appointment at the very least. That can lead to the box being replaced if necessary.

If you get no joy, please post back here. VIP users have other ways & means to get this the correct response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MichelleB202,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your V6 screen!

Can you update us if you've gotten in touch with the team to look into this, or if you're still having issues and need further help?

Please keep us updated and let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As the previous reply suggested, no one called me back. I then had to call back and go through all the same questions and suggestions which I had explained did not work the first time. An engineer is now booked to come out on Wednesday. I do feel the service is not great, basically I was told someone would call me back to get me off the phone. I have been a Virgin customer for many years and I am an IT professional, I knew the box needs to be replaced. The engineer should have been booked in the first day I called.

Thank you - yes that is what happened - no one called me back. I called back and now have an engineer booked for Wednesday.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MichelleB202,

Thank you for coming back to me about your query. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive a call back. I understand how frustrating that can be.

I'm glad to hear that you have a technician appointment booked in! Please keep us updated on how it goes and if you need any further help afterwards.

You can manage your appointment via your online account here > virg.in/myVM.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs