cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuck on starting up screen

Pclifton1985
Joining in

Box has stopped working. Has been re-sent through power off, wait 30 seconds then turn back on. Still sticks at starting up.

Have tried the same but Holding + and standby on startup as suggested in one post, still doesn't work.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Pclifton1985,

Try unplugging from the mains for a good 5 minutes rather than 30 seconds and then the plus and standby buttons (again) as it's powering up.

Wait till you see the welcome screen appear on the TV - then release the buttons. Hopefully that may force the system reset, see if that kick starts it.

If the above doesn't help then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Iignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

If you don't want to phone then you can wait for the Forum Team to pick this up, but it's now the weekend so could be a few days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pclifton1985, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that your V6 box is stuck on the starting up screen. Taking a look at the stats of the box, it looks as though this has since been resolved. The box is showing as being online with no issues. 

If this is not the case then please pop back and let us know so we can help you further with this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs