cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuck at 16% on loading channels

nishasangha
Tuning in

Hi everyone, I had to disconnect my Virgin V6 for about 30 minutes and now the channels won't load.  V6 box has an internet connection.

However, when I move and connect the box directly to the superhub using ethernet cable it works fine.  The install location can't get a strong signal connected to the superhub via WiFi but the speed won't be so great so I tried the expansion network which is clocking in at 250mb+ and still no luck.

When I go to diagnostics, port configuration test never completes.

Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15

Hello,

Have you tried to connect the boxes to the network through the settings?

Cheers

Paul

Field Technician 71589

Hi Paul,B boxes are connected to network.  I have done connect to Virgin media in the settings and it connects, I can view BBC iplayer and see preview tiles in the home menu.

The call I had with Delroy-S went through all the system set up and highlighted that the Virgin system says their are no subscriptions on my account and DelroyS was arranging a new signal to activate the box.  One box sorted itself out but the other hasn't.

Hi

On Wednesday I had a call with a technician to go through these problems.  All the cables are connected correctly and the white coax is connected.

Internet connected at data speed over 50mb.

Connect to Virgin media done no problem.

But I can't load the channels.  I was told on Wednesday that on the homepage the tiles at the top would only show if coax is connected properly.  So today I disconnected the coax cable, restarted and Box and I could still get the tiles at the top of the home screen and watch iPlayer being connected to internet only.

I'm desperately trying to get this box working cos my mum had to stay indoors due to the virus and she has nothing to watch right now or to keep her mind occupied.

Would really appreciate a Virgin technical engineer calling to help.

Delroy-S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mate just back seen you message and request a second hit on your second box, please restart  the box once again. If this don't work please call VM customer service too request a service tech.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi, I tried rebooting and it's still stuck at 16% but now I can't even access the home menu.  The box is now non-responsive even if I do a hard reboot.

Every time I ring call centre they disconnect saying come on the website

Hi guys, just to let you know I replaced all the connectors and thats done the trick.