cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box stuck at 16% on loading channels

nishasangha
Tuning in

Hi everyone, I had to disconnect my Virgin V6 for about 30 minutes and now the channels won't load.  V6 box has an internet connection.

However, when I move and connect the box directly to the superhub using ethernet cable it works fine.  The install location can't get a strong signal connected to the superhub via WiFi but the speed won't be so great so I tried the expansion network which is clocking in at 250mb+ and still no luck.

When I go to diagnostics, port configuration test never completes.

Any ideas?

15 REPLIES 15

C_Butcher86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

It sounds like the white RF lead has been disconnected, it wont load without it being plugged in.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Delroy-S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nishasangha, I am Delroy service tech from Vm.

Concerning your issue with lost of service on your V6 stuck on 16%. You said you have move the the V6 closer too the hub because of low wifi signal. Firstly have you connected back all the connection at the back of the v6 especially the signal cable( a white cable).If however you have put the V6 back in its original place of install, the wifi will be flashing red this means,you will need too re rest wifi setting

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Delroy-S

Hi

These are the two boxes I have 1) living room connected with ethernet 2)annex connected with WiFi.  Annex is the one I'm having issues with.  Was working absolutely fine until yesterday until I disconnected for half hour and now won't get past 16% on loading.  I have checked all cables and internet and they look fine.  I have gone to network and connect to Virgin media services and it connects fine on that.  WiFi is working fine with over 100mb speed

The same box connects absolutely fine in the living room using the same wifi but then I move it back and same issue.

I did notice on system info some fields aren't populating when the box is in the annex.  I would post the images but it's not showing the image on here when I upload.  It's there a chat or email I can send them to?

Neilt11
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

This sound like the coax cable it not connected please make sure the coax cable is plugged in correctly into the back on the v6 and the isolator on the wall socket.

Hope this helps
Neil
Virgin Media Field Technician 71484 working from home

If you found my response useful, please give me a thumbs up!

Hi, both boxes are now no longer working and the living room is connected directly to ethernet

Delroy-S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

If you.wish u can contact me on [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi Delroy, thank you for your time on Tuesday.  Is there any update on the signal being sent to the Virgin box to reactivate it?  As you mentioned, it all seems to working but system says no channels subscribed to?

I still have no channels and loading stuck at 16%

Hi, tests showed it was the system showed the box had no subscriptions.

I am still able to go to home menu and see the recommended viewing tiles, as well watch BBC iplayer.

Thanks for the reply

Hi, could someone please call me, I just want to know what to do now.  I thought this was nearly resolved a few days ago but either the signal to enable the subscription had been sent or it hasn't.

My mobile number is in the account details