cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box - still use it on broadband only package?

eshane09
Joining in

Hi I have recently signed up to a broadband only package (1gig)

I have handed back old router but the V6 box has been left with me.

Question: Can I use the V6 box for freeview / apps with a broadband only package?

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You must return the V6.

You can’t use it.

If you want TV cheaply on broadband only, get a Stream:

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/stream

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to add, the V6 belongs to VM and you'll be liable for non-returned equipment charges sooner or later - if you don't have an active subscription for any disconnected kit.

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/price-guides - "upto £100" is the current guidance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi eshane09 👋 welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

As the community correctly advise the V6 box is property of VM and so must be returned to avoid any charges being incurred on your account. You can see more information about the charges right at the bottom of this page 👉Virgin Media Price Guides. You should have received returns packaging for both pieces of the equipment - this is usually sent following the disconnection of your service or of the account completely. Unless you had a 'manned' collection where a member of staff collected it from you directly. If this is the case they should have also taken the V6 at the same time. Sorry to hear about this either way! Please let us know if you haven't received the returns packaging and we can arrange for some to be sent so you can return the V6 to us!

Let us know if there is anything else you need our help with. 

Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly