cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box sound

RS1906
Tuning in

Have had to turn up volume level very high to get sound right. Now sound is interrupted if flicking through channels. Also if coming off mute there is a delay in the sound returning. Have Re booted box this  will temporarily fix it apart from the high volume setting. But the issues will return again. After having numerous issues with my Virgin service, the v6 box was installed to sort the problem, now again we have an unreliable service and equipment.

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by "sound is interrupted if flicking through channels"?

How is your V6 connected up - do you have any A/V kit connected? Are you using the HDMI or optical connections, for example?

If all else fails - connect your V6 to your TV directly using HDMI and see if the same problem happens - for elimination purposes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The box is connected directly to the tv via hdmi cable. If you use the remote for any operation- so as soon as you push a button the sound is muted for that brief button push

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi RS1906,

I used to have that issue on the V6 when switching between channels. 

have you tried changing the audio settings ? 

Help & Settings > Settings> Audio> Dolby Digital> Dolby Digital to PCM

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Done all the settings, no different, the box seems to be getting worse generally. When you turn the box on you don’t get any picture or channels unless you turn it off then on again. This is an issue that is starting to occur more as well now 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RS1906 wrote:

When you turn the box on you don’t get any picture or channels unless you turn it off then on again.

What do you get? Does it make any difference whether you switch your TV on first, or your V6? If so, HDMI handshaking could be an issue.

What's your power-saving set to? And does altering that make any difference?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RS1906

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your TV Box, I've taken a look at your account and there is a provisioning issue on your TV Box. I sent an IN Hit to the TV Box from our systems, can you let me know how things are working for you now following this?

Kind regards,

Serena

Can you explain what an IN hit is, and what it is going to do?

Thanks 

Hi @RS1906,

It reboots the box remotely which can help to rectify issues. If these are ongoing for you today, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

Thanks for the info.

Was ok briefly, which happens when I reboot the box, but the issues haven’t gone away.