Menu
edge306
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box sound dropouts driving me mad.

My V6 started experiencing frequent sound dropouts again about a month ago. The last engineer to come round said it was because the signal was far too low and when he did something to get it upped the problem went away immediately. He also replaced the splitter on the outside of the house. I have no doubt its the same problem again, that the signal strength or quality is degraded for some reason again but I don't have the time or energy any more to jump through the "have you done this/tried that/replaced the cable/connected directly" hoop questions. Nothing changed from my side. It just developed this fault. Again. I'd rather just cancel and walk away, will save me £100 a month too. 

0 Kudos
Dataforensics
Tuning in
Message 42 of 65
Flag for a moderator

My dropout problem is getting worse.

Its gone from taking a few seconds to over thirty mins every morning to get any sound at all through my AV system.

I suspect it is the HDMI copy protection negotiation process not working well with older equipment, but that is no excuse as all my other hdmi products work fine.

I would be better off going back to my old Tivo that did work. 

0 Kudos
Dataforensics
Tuning in
Message 43 of 65
Flag for a moderator

I have changed settings in Yamaha amp so that it does not go into standby/switch off if not used for some hours. So basically its on 24h.

Last couple of days like this I did not have to go through the morning, lets try getting the audio to work routine. Looking more like the hdmi negotiation is a problem.

Not a solution though as I am now wasting electricity overnight.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 44 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dataforensics,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

I have looked into this for you and our engineers aware of a problem with audio dropping out when using soundbars and amplifiers and investigating this, due to the complexity of the fault we currently do not have a review date for this.

As soon as there is a update we will advise the Community.

Sorry I cant be of more help with this.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Dataforensics
Tuning in
Message 45 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Will you at least post with a reference number etc to the problem your engineers are investigating?

My dropouts are getting worse.

I am not getting an acceptable service considering the monthly payment.

I am sure you would agree that sound is a vital component in an Audio Visual Service!!

I expect a reduction in my monthly charge until this fault is resolved.

If you cannot do this, then a reference number will allow me to phone in with my problem.

Message 46 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dataforensics, 

The reference number for this issue is NKE00010437. I'm sorry we have no more information at this time. 

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
IcedEarth_Dave
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 65
Flag for a moderator

This is now the 3rd reference number i’ve seen in relation to this issue and the second given in this thread.

could someone from the forum team please list the reference number alongside their understanding of the problem being investigated so it is clear please? 

There are variations in some of these issues and i’d Like reassurance that the issue affecting me is being investigated.

0 Kudos
pauly21
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 65
Flag for a moderator

This fault is also driving me mad. It only happens on recordings but not all of them. I'm mainly experiencing them on BBC4 HD.

I do have a soundbar but it's happening without it connected too.

Is there any fix yet?

V6 Box via HDMI

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 49 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi pauly21,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with audio drop outs while not connected to a sound bar.

I have located your account using your Forum details and run some checks and we have detected some errors and would like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Deband
Joining in
Message 50 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Is there any word of a fix for this yet? I'm finding it pretty bad trying to watch my recorded programme's. 

0 Kudos