Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 21 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box sound dropouts driving me mad.

Hi grdunn123,

I'm really sorry but we don't have any updates for this yet. The team are still working on a fix so we'll update as soon as we get news from them.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Lubo
Joining in
Message 22 of 65
Flag for a moderator

I am having this issue and have only recently had virgin installed. Surely a breach of contract when sound cannot even be guaranteed. Disgrace
0 Kudos
abs4190
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here.  Random sound dropouts.  I could be watching something with no problems and when I change channel no sound on that channel seems to mainly affect non HD channels. The only way to fix is to turn off the box and on again or the tv. Frustrating!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 24 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lubo & abs4190,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I'd just like to know a bit more information so please answer the following question.

• Are you using a sound system of any kind?
  • Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable or using a different port?
  • Does rebooting your V6 by the mains make any difference?
  • If you're using a sound system have you tried directly connecting your V6 to your television?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
abs4190
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Mine is connected directly to the TV no soundbar or av system. It'll work again if I turn off the TV and on again or switch the V6 off/on.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 26 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi abs4190,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Does this issue affect both of your V6 boxes or just the one?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
IcedEarth_Dave
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I've had my Virgin V6 box for only a few weeks now and I've immediately noticed the audio dropout issue, also referred to on these forums as the Dolby Digital issue. I will experience very short audio drop-outs at irregular frequency, usually when watching recorded playback. Most notable has been when watching my favourite programme at the moment - Blue Planet 2 recorded from BBC 1 HD (channel 108).

I have the V6 box connected directly to my Samsung UE48JS8500 TV via a high speed HDMI cable. The TV outputs audio via optical cable to my Sony HTAS5 5.1 surround system. The V6 box is set to output Dolby Digital as advised in the set up guide.

This is extremely disruptive when it happens - very jarring to any program and not just the sort of thing that only an audio/videophile would notice. I am really disappointed to see that looking across these forums this issue is so well known (with it's own ticket number) and goes back such a long period of time with no real promise of resolution.

I would like my dissatisfaction registered to my account and for someone to contact me regards credit options for this well-known issue.

0 Kudos
abs4190
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 65
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure if it affects the other box as that box is rarely used and it is connected to an AV receiver.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 29 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi abs4190,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable and also trying a different port on your television to see if this helps?

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
abs4190
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't matter anymore. Decided to end TV package as my discount was coming to an end. Just sticking with BB now as most of my viewing is from the Freeview channels and Virgin weren't really offering me anything worthy to stay with them.
0 Kudos