cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box sound cuts out

timjpreston
Joining in

We are have not an issue with our V6 box  The sound periodically cuts out. Most on sky movie channels. But not on movies not through the virgin box. I have checked the cable and look good

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which Sky Cinema channels are affected by this problem - can you be specific?

And by saying "mostly", that sounds like other channels also have the same problem sometimes - again, can you be specific about any individual ones?

Do you get the same problem with OnDemand content?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @timjpreston thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear that your sound is cutting out on Sky Cinema channels.  Are you able to answer the questions japitts mentioned?  Is it all of Sky Cinema?  Also if you have the Sky Sports Channels are you having the same issue on there too?  And are you a single or multi-box user?  If multi-box, are you having the same issue on other boxes?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi

This is on all-sky cinema channels that we have watched, so heard this on other sky channels eg sports.

We do have more than one box - never experienced this on the second box - the second box is of the older type

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @timjpreston 

Have you tried a different HDMI cable or different port on the TV to see if this helps?

Also please can you try and change the V6 settings by pressing HOME on the remote, then the following 

Help & Settings > Settings> Audio> Dolby Digital> Dolby Digital to PCM

I often had sound drop outs on one of my V6 boxes until I changed it to Dolby Digital to PCM

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@timjpreston wrote:

This is on all-sky cinema channels that we have watched, so heard this on other sky channels eg sports.

We do have more than one box - never experienced this on the second box - the second box is of the older type

Sounds like you've got a V6 & a TiVo - check here if you're not sure.

The HDMI lead is the first thing to check, also the sound settings as mentioned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @timjpreston

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

How are you getting on after trying the above tips?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs