Menu
Highlighted
Mabbs
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6 box, signal on-off-on-off

Hi. I've had consistent issues with my V6 box to the point where I literally dont bother watching it and I've only signed up just over a month ago. 

My picture and sound goes on and off continually . The TV goes black and the audio cuts out. It normally comes back on within 20 seconds, and then repeats and repeats. Sometimes I can have normal viewings, but most of the time this issue exists.

It happens on all aspexts of TV viewing, such as live TV and catch up.

Custom service said turn off and turn back on. Great !!

My friend signed up at a similar time as me and he has experienced exactly the same. If I could hand the box back and cancel the contract, I would. 

Any ideas why this is happening?

I've tried new cables etc and it makes no difference.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box, signal on-off-on-off

Have you tried the new cable in different HDMI ports on the TV?  What make model of tv is it (4K?) ?  Try connecting a different TV or computer monitor to the V6 to see if the problem persists - if it does the V6 is at fault or if it disappears then the issue sits inside the TV.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mabbs
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply @jbrennand

I have tried different HDMI cables and different ports. I haven't tried a different TV . It will be a pain to do, but I shall do it to rule out my TV bring the issue.

My TV is pretty much brand new. It's a Philips 4k HDR PUS 7303. everything else works on it just fine, such as Android box and PS4.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mabbs
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried a different tv which was an old 1080 Samsung and it seemed okay, but the problem is intermittent so it could have been in a period of the v6 behaving.

I've just turned the TV on and it's doing it again. I have a feeling it's a HDMI handshake issue. It's so annoying, you can't watch anything.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would check in the Phillips TV support forum (if there is one) to see if others are having the same fault. Or try their UK Support department. Mine required Samsung to connect remotely to the TV and rewrite some HDMI EDID script.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos