Menu
Highlighted
HFoxy1
Tuning in
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box showing no connection to tv via HDMI

@boysim34 wrote:
hi there, i had the same problem. try using a different hdmi input on your tv, and make sure you are using a correct hdmi cable

Hi! I’ve tried that so I’m more than sure it’s a dodgy box

Spencer13
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have an engineer calling out in the morning so I will update with any solutions I might have. Virgin support on the community is a pile of dog sh??

0 Kudos
HFoxy1
Tuning in
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Spencer13 wrote:

I have an engineer calling out in the morning so I will update with any solutions I might have. Virgin support on the community is a pile of dog sh??

Thank you! Hopefully they can sort your problem out. And I completely agree, they’re not the most supportive company

Spencer13
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

As promised, just an update after the engineer came out. 

Check signal levels all ok, box still on amber light, changed box & still amber light with only welcome screen showing then going off. 

Changed power supply still same. Swapped my upstairs multi room box to downstairs and same problem with amber light but working fine upstairs.

Engineer finally gave it one last shot and tried a new hdmi lead. Box light turned from amber to white and tv working perfect. 

We all made the presumption that because the welcome screen came on that the source hdmi was ok but turns out it wasn’t, probably due to cheap hdmi connectors off eBay.

cannot fault the engineer on area 22 as he tried everything he knew & also called his manager for any extra info. Well pleased ready to watch England game tonight now.

0 Kudos
Cas75
Tuning in
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have just had the same problem tried all the fixes - switching off and back on plus all the crazy thumbs up down and around but I switched the HDMI cable to another socket and Voila - all good.  Husband happy!

0 Kudos