cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box recordings freezing and jumping

StuuuartD
Joining in

My recordings have started freezing and skipping, making them unwatchable?

Is this a problem with my box?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are your live TV channels OK?

How about pausing live TV and watching it slightly delayed? This is also a recording and uses your HDD in the same way.

These two tests will identify whether you have a fault with your live channels (which will affect all resulting recordings) or if your HDD has a problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The live channels are fine.

I have tried pausing and replaying, but it doesn't seem to do it for this it only seems to be my recordings as far as I can see.

Thanks

Hi there @StuuuartD 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your recordings, can I ask if you are able to turn the set top box on for us so we can run some checks on our side? 

Thanks again.

Apologies just noticed this.

I have turned it on and will leave it on today

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check that your V6 power saving is either set to always-on, or connected low-power.

If you have Eco low-power, it can cause issues with remote access when the timeout kicks in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi StuuuartD, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and for leaving the box on. 

We're still having some trouble connecting to the box so I think the best thing to do here is to arrange an engineer visit for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs