cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box recordings freeze on playback

helenjane
Joining in

Hi team .

Recordings freeze several times during playback. Picture pixellates and freezes, eventually starting again but sometimes jumping forward. Happens several times during a programme and is getting worse. Live tv is ok. 

Thanks for help. Have rebooted and all connections fine.

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The staff team have finished for the day now, and you won't get a response until tomorrow.

But I will ping @ModTeam to make sure this is picked up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @helenjane

Thanks for the reply!

I'm going to drop you a private message now, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Update. Called 150 to arrange an engineer. While on line tests were run and i was instructed to restart box, check cables etc ( which id already done but hey) . Booked engineer. But the yesterday discovered pin had  been changed back to 1234 and freezing issue seems to have resolved. 

No idea how!!

Have cancelled engineer and keeping fingers crossed

Excellent news and we're pleased to hear this has now been resolved. It's strange that the PIN had been reset and that this would impact the service!

Monitor it going forward and let us know if you need us further.

Rob

So it worked for a couple of weeks. Now back to same old freezing issue. Cant see that an engineer can help. What is the ultimate solution- can i just be sent a new box without going through the whole 150 tbing?  Wonder why Virgin cant just address the issue as it seems to affect lots of people. Please advise? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suspect that the suggestion in my post-2 above that this is potentially a faulty HDD is probably still true, and that your "fix" of changing the PIN was nothing more than a fluke and coincidental. There's certainly no link between the two.

As before, you can either wait here for a response, or call in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @helenjane.

Sorry to hear that the issue came back. I can look at arranging another technician for you through PM if you still need. I'll PM you now.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you for the information @helenjane.

Let us know how you get on with the technician. Hopefully will get this all resolved for you. 

You can view your appointments on your online account. They will show in a long red box on the 1st page under the greeting. 

@japitts - Thank you very much for taking the time to help. 

All the best for the New Year.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley