cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box rebooting

kc72
Joining in

My v6 tivo box keeps rebooting i contacted VM on over a week ago and they went through the usual checks and said they would monitor my box and if there was a problem an engineer would contact me to book a visit. Well about 10 days later its still rebooting on a daily basis and no contact at all, reading the post seems to suggest  I need a new box I would rather not spend another 45 or so minutes of my life on the phone so is it possible to get my box changed by someone here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A CS agent offering to monitor your box is, IMO, an excuse to get you off the phone without actually resolving what is clearly a fault. It shouldn't happen, but unfortunately does.

I would agree you need a tech visit which may well result in your V6 being replaced. From here, you have 2 options..

1: Call back, get a different agent and hopefully the correct outcome

2: Wait here, and in a couple of days, VM staff should respond and do the honours instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A CS agent offering to monitor your box is, IMO, an excuse to get you off the phone without actually resolving what is clearly a fault. It shouldn't happen, but unfortunately does.

I would agree you need a tech visit which may well result in your V6 being replaced. From here, you have 2 options..

1: Call back, get a different agent and hopefully the correct outcome

2: Wait here, and in a couple of days, VM staff should respond and do the honours instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kc72

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the TV box.

I have taken a look at things from our side and your TV box needs replacing.

I will send you a private message now so we can arrange this for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Glad to say since box was swapped last Saturday no reboots,

tech that came was excellent checked all connections and changed box.

May I say the help I got from this forum and the tech that came to change the box were second to none,

sorry I can't say that about the virgin telephone support they were abysmal. 

Thanks