Menu
shaunbrace
Joining in
Message 1 of 54
Flag for a moderator

V6 box randomly turning itself on.

Only had my V6 box a couple of month and no problems with it until now. I can turn the box off then go-to bed or work and when I get back/get up the box is on. I've turned it off, then sat there for  5 minutes to make sure I didn't 'double click' the button to make sure I haven't turned it off then back on again, but every other day or so it's back on again after a few hours. 

Not really a problem, but is annoying!

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box randomly turning itself on.

Hi shaunbrace,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V6 box.

Can you check to see what power save settings you currently have selected on the V6?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bugsy360
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I have this exact same issue.

several times a day i notice that it has switched on and has the white light.

i have mine set on eco low power mode. I have to have it set on that as it’s the one in the bedroom and it’s so noisy in normal standby that it keeps me awake.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this bugsy360,

I've checked things from this end for you and your equipment is currently displayed as offline.

Could you reboot this for me so that I can check the levels, etc. for you?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
YvetteFazekas
Tuning in
Message 5 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Could you sort this out?
I’ve been having the same problem.
It turns on by itself multiple times a day.
First I thought it might be because it’s recording. But now I just deleted and cancelled the recording the other day, it still turns on... earlier today I turned off, now it’s on again. I’m not even close to the remote or the box to switch it on accidentally.
Is there any solution to this problem? Why does it happen?
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi YvetteFazekas

Sorry to hear about this, to clarify the issue are you putting your set top box in standby and seeing when it comes on or is it taking over the TV source when you're using another device?

I've taken a look at this from our end and we're not detecting any errors, I hope that means things have improved over the last few days? 

Look forward to hearing form you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tonyd01
Joining in
Message 7 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I've only had a V6 box for a week. I put in standby (Eco mode) every night and every morning when I go and look it's turned itself on. This is can be from 6.41am, 6.56am, 8.23am. Interestingly when I put it back into standby the light goes red for a few minutes and then goes out completely (no light). Other times when I put it in standby, after using it the light stays red. The box has also come on during the day for no apparent reason.

0 Kudos
Tonyd01
Joining in
Message 8 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I posted this week ago and an answer as to why this is happening or suggestions/help to stop it happening does not seem to available. Is this the right place for this sort is issue or would I be better off phoning in and logging as a problem/fault, as it is rather annoying?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Super solver
Message 9 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Hi Try switching from eco mode to another setting and see if that solves the problem. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Tonyd01
Joining in
Message 10 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky,

I've tried the Low Power setting and the box has not randomly turned itself on, yet. This must use more power than ECO as there is no real start up when you take the box out of standby. I can't find any power consumption figures but as the box is probably not in use more 4 hours a day, if that, I'm wasting a lot electricity keep the box in 'warm' start mode.

I would prefer that whatever is turning my box on, in ECO mode, didn't.

Have you had any experience of the light going out completely, is it a function of ECO mode as it has stayed red in Low mode?

Many Thanks

Tony.

0 Kudos