cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box on welcome loop

Downshire
Joining in

I've had nothing but problems over the last few months and now it's on a permanent loop going from the welcome screen, starting up and then to a flashing downwards arrow over a hard drive. Tried rebooting and calling the fault line but still not working. New box required? 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It does sound like your box is faulty and is likely going to need replacing.

The quickest way to report this will be to call in - 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. You've mentioned having problems calling, what are the issues?

VM staff respond on here, but that's likely to take an extra day or so. This community forum isn't an immediate response service.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Downshire,

You've performed the correct action in contacting TV Faults, unfortunately though you'll need to call them again. It's best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've already called  and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up for you, however as it's the weekend it may be a couple of days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Downshire,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your connection, I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have a technician visit already booked in. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Steven_L

Downshire
Joining in

Engineer came out and as expected after getting the green wall of death a few months ago a new box was needed. Can't complain about the engineer, very professional, friendly and explained everything. Now up and running again. Good job. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Downshire,

Thanks for the update. Pleased it's all working now.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Excellent news @Downshire, thanks for the update.

Best wishes,

David_Bn