cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box light red when not in standby

JoelH1
Tuning in

Hi, one of my V6 boxes is on and working but the power light is constantly red. I have rebooted it several times and on one or two occasions it has gone to green screen. After turning the power switch off and on it starts up again, but the power light still stays red. I have run a test through the Virgin app which says all is well. Can anyone suggest why this is so? My other box shows the white light. 

13 REPLIES 13

Hi David_Bn,

I have done as you suggested and the red light did follow the box, and the previously unaffected box stayed white in the new location.

I’m not sure if it is related at all, but yesterday (or maybe the day before) the red light box automatically rebooted when I came out of the Prime Video channel. This has never happened before.

After replacing the boxes to the original positions, and running the Network Diagnostics, I have noticed that the Port Configuration Test is failing on both boxes. I don’t know if this is related in any way to the red light as this is also the case on the box that has the white light. If this is causing an issue I have no idea how to rectify it. 

the Port Configuration Test result says:

‘The port <s> listed below need to be opened on your router. For more information, review your router manual or contact your ISP. 

TCP port 80

TCP port 8080

TCP port 80

TCP port 7287

TCP port 7288

TCP port 8081

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The port configuration test is unreliable and often fails on perfectly working systems - mine included.

You can safely disregard its results.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that information Japitts.