cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box light red when not in standby

JoelH1
Tuning in

Hi, one of my V6 boxes is on and working but the power light is constantly red. I have rebooted it several times and on one or two occasions it has gone to green screen. After turning the power switch off and on it starts up again, but the power light still stays red. I have run a test through the Virgin app which says all is well. Can anyone suggest why this is so? My other box shows the white light. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The port configuration test is unreliable and often fails on perfectly working systems - mine included.

You can safely disregard its results.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does your TV screen display when the V6 output is selected? Is the box stuck in the reboot loop?

If so, your box is probably faulty and should be reported as such.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for your reply japitts. I have full functionality, as far as I’m aware. I can access all media and link with a second box. I thought it indicated a network connection issue, but there seems to be no problem there. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just seen you also mentioned a green screen- does this have any error message on it? Like, " the DVR has detected an error"?

If it's just a green tint to whatever you're watching, that's often an HDMI fault. DVR has detected an error, means your box's hard drive has failed.

It went to green screen a couple of times after rebooting by holding the power switch for an extended time. The whole screen went a bright green colour - there was no image - and there was the spinning wheel at the center of the screen as though it was loading something. This carried on for quite a few minutes with no change, so I turned the box off by the switch, left it for a few seconds, turned it back on and it started up again fine, apart from the power light staying red. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @JoelH1 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your V6 box. 

Just to clarify, is the box in question connected via an Ethernet cable or via WiFi?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zac_M

Thanks for your response.

It was connected by Ethernet when I first noticed the light was red, but it is now connected by WiFi and the light is still red. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @JoelH1,

I am sorry to see this, I was unable to locate your account using the forums details.

Can you please tell me the following:

Is it hot to touch?

Is it not working?

Have you tried unplugging it for a while to see if this helps?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Haley,

Thanks for your response.

Our Virgin account is in my partners name, hence why you couldn’t find it. 

The box is not hot to touch.

The box is working.

I unplugged it of for over an hour, and after plugging it back in, starting up and coming out of standby, the power light red light continues to be on constantly. 

Joel

Thanks for coming back to us @JoelH1

There doesn't appear to be any faults flagging with either set top box at your address currently

Out of curiosity, can you perhaps switch the boxes over to see if the red light follows the set top box, or if this appears on the previously unaffected box when placed in the new location

Kindest regards,

David_Bn