cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box keeps rebooting with a downward arrow

Coldste
Joining in

Hi all, just looking for some help with this. Since 11am this morning (rough guess since the tv wasn’t turned on until then) our V6 box is in a constant rebooting loop. It goes from the welcome page with all the languages to “staring up” with the clock next to it. Every now and then we get a white downward arrow with a box underneath, but it goes back to the language page then the starting up page

We phoned virgin up but the customer service agent didn’t tell us what this arrow was. Virgin ran tests and then he said he’d pass it on to the it department and it should be sorted within 48 hours. Just wondering if anyone else has this or has had this issue. Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening, 

This scenario indicates that your v6 box has failed to download the latest update. 

Unfortunately this does mean that in 9 out of 0 cases the box will need to be replaced. Sometimes a reboot will sort the issue however if not you will need a replacement box.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening, 

This scenario indicates that your v6 box has failed to download the latest update. 

Unfortunately this does mean that in 9 out of 0 cases the box will need to be replaced. Sometimes a reboot will sort the issue however if not you will need a replacement box.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks for that we’ve turned it off at the mains a few times now only to get the same routine 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Coldste,

As advised by Forum Staff member JOE-C the box needs replacing if a reboot doesn't sort it.

That will mean losing losing all your recordings and series links.

One other thing you can try is  a hard reset -  BUT Please note doing this will also erase all the V6 data - such as all you recordings and links.

Turn the V6 off with the switch on the back of the box and disconnect it from the mains for 5 minutes, then plug it in again.

Now hold the + and standby buttons on the front of the V6 together simultaneously and keeping the buttons pressed in turn the V6 on again with the rocker switch on the back,  and wait till you see the welcome screen appear on the TV - then release the buttons.

If that fails as well then it's definitely time to contact faults for a new box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Coldste, 

Thanks for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the service.

Can you please confirm if you have been able to perform the hard reset on the box to restore factory settings? 

If so, have you seen any improvements? 

If not, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat