cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box keeps rebooting on Starting Up

Marsh_91
Tuning in

Hi, 

I am having issues with one of my V6 tv boxes. The box seems to get stuck in a start up loop where it will continuingly go through the Welcome and Starting Up screens without getting to the main menu screen. The light shown on the box will go between orange and flicking organge. The only way it's possible to get to the main TV menu and ability to watch any channels is to completely shut the power and leaving it for a while and retrying but this only seems to last for a maximum of 45 minutes before it goes through the process again. It is possible to know when the box is about to restart as the picture will start to flicker and the sound will go. 

We have 2 boxes and have tried moving them to the different inputs but get the same issue with the same box so it certainly seems to be an issue with the box rather than the connection. 

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

Certainly sounds like the box is faulty, possibly overheating, does it get hot, it could be that the vent underneath is blocked or the fan is faulty, if not blocked then you need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Hi Roy,

Thanks for your response. Gave 150 a call and managed to get an engineer out tomorrow afternoon. They agree that it seems faulty so hopefully get it sorted or replaced. Cheers again 

Hi there @Marsh_91 

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you on board. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you were facing this issue with your Set Top Box and a big thank you to @roy247 for their help and advise. 

Can I ask how things are looking now your appointment has been?