cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box issues

Clark19
Joining in

My V6 Box used to work fine but the last week or so. It keeps freezing. Crashing, rebooting and then crashing again. I get to watch maybe a few hours a day otherwise it is constantly crashing and not working. I've reset the box via "clear or reset TiVox box" I have also tried "Connect to the virgin Media service now". Turning the box off by the switch at the back. 

Nothing is working and I cannot find a way to book an engineer to fix it. 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your box certainly doesn't sound very well! As a temporary measure, which option did you choose under the "clear or reset" menu? IIRC there's 3 - a plain reset, a "clear TV guide" reset and a "reformat disk" reset. You'll lose everything with a box replacement anyway, so you've got nothing to lose by trying the "master reset" option if you haven't already.

You can report any VM service fault one of two ways:

1: Call in - 150 (from a Virgin phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the "I have a fault" options.

2: Wait on here for VM staff to respond, likely to be an extra day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Clark19, thanks for posting.

Very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your V6 box, it definitely doesn't sound good. 

I wasn't able to look into it using your forum details alone - if the helpful advice offered above doesn't solve this for you just get back to me via PM and we'll be able to help further.

Tom